Our policy is to:
- Assess all potential suppliers against an ethical and environmental questionnaire prior to being added to our supplier lists
- Communicate and treat our suppliers/customers with fairness and courtesy as dictated by our internal values
- Work with all of our customers and suppliers regarding environmental initiatives, encouraging them to help us to jointly reduce the environmental impact of our work
- Work in partnership with our suppliers to enhance the quality and performance of the items they supply
- Our global procurement policy specifies the business management requirements and provides a set of directives and practical guidelines for the purchasing of products, goods and services. it can be viewed here.
Using best in class commodity management methodology, the global procurement team ensures that the Group’s sourcing and supplier development strategies are fully aligned with the needs and objectives of our customers.
The e2v Supplier Accreditation Scheme drives continuous improvement by enabling the supplier base to focus on the key areas of cost, quality and service. By developing strategic supplier partnerships, e2v can aggregate spend to increase procurement leverage whilst also benefitting from enhanced security of supply. Full compliance with e2v’s ethical, commercial, legal and corporate responsibility policies is ensured. Audit compliance and risk reduction are also managed within the auspices of the e2v procurement sourcing strategy.
Our supply chain KPI, the percentage of e2v direct and indirect spend managed through the Supplier Accreditation Scheme, has a target of at least 58%. In 2014 we achieved 60% (2013: 50%). The resultant continuous improvement of supplier performance drives enhanced benefits in the areas of supplier cost, quality and service.
The global procurement team utilises commodity management methodology, sharing best practice across all site locations to draw on complementary skills and knowledge, and drive the development of supplier sourcing strategies that are aligned with customer, business unit, engineering roadmaps and requirements.