e2v – Bringing life to technology
We partner with our customers to improve, save and protect people’s lives.
Our innovations lead developments in communications, automation, discovery, healthcare and the environment
- Always work to deliver excellence and value to our customers through long-term partnerships
- Are recognised and respected as experienced and talented people
- Demonstrate a strong competency in design, manufacture, service and support across our core technologies and market areas
- Understand our responsibilities to managing and minimising the environmental impact of our activities
We strive to work to our core values of:
- Customers first
- Excellence throughout
- RF power solutions for: defence electronic countermeasures, radiotherapy cancer treatment machines, Radar systems, Stellar satellite communications amplifiers, Industrial heating, Cargo screening, ProWave® Industrial processing systems, missile control safety and arming devices and digital television transmitters.
- High performance imaging solutions including CCD and CMOS sensors and cameras, for space and earth observation imaging, science and life science imaging, machine vision, ophthalmology and dental x-ray systems and fire, rescue and security thermal imaging.
- Hi-rel semiconductor solutions for aerospace and defence programmes requiring: lifecycle management, hi-rel microprocessors, high speed data converters, high reliability ICs with lifetime continuity of supply, assembly and test services and MRAMs.
We employ approximately 1,650 people across 10 countries in Europe, America and Asia, have annual sales of £220m, and are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Sales and technical support are provided by four global sales and support territory bases to a total of more than 50 countries.
As a result of our track record of innovation and technological breakthroughs, e2v continues to be involved in many high-profile ground-breaking programmes, including:
- Airbus A380
- Boeing 757, 767, 747, 777, and in the new 787
- European Space Agency Gaia mission to map our galaxy
- US Patriot air and missile defence system
- Eurofighter Typhoon
- Hubble space telescope upgrade project
Our success is built on long-established relationships with industry partners: for example with Freescale Semiconductor, to develop and supply extended reliability versions of their microprocessors.
The combination of our in-house technical capability (which has resulted in nearly 200 patent families being granted to the e2v group), and links with technical authorities and universities, ensures that we can bring together the right level of expertise for a diverse range of technical challenges.
Our corporate brochure can be downloaded here.